Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My friend Spud.


Tonight was a meat and veg night. I just really felt like a steak, so I chose a few veg recipes to back it up.


Baked Potato Stuffed with Bacon, Anchovy and Sage

Cheesy Peas


I had to tunnel out the middle of the potato – it would have been a lot easier if I had an apple corer, as Jamie did, but it was kinda fun creating the tunnel. I felt a bit like a handyman woodworker. I then lay a sage leaf, an anchovy fillet and a thin slice of garlic onto a piece of bacon, rolled it up and stuffed it right down the tato-tunnel. Pricked a couple of times with a fork, rubbed with oil and sea salt and into the oven till cooked.


Just before the potato was ready to go, I cooked my steak and boiled the peas. Once cooked and drained, I stirred a bit of butter and some grated parmesan through and served it up.




You really can’t go wrong with steak, potato and peas. Three of my favourite things. But there’s nothing wrong with tarting it up a bit and Jamie’s done a damn fine job. Cheesy peas might just become a staple. Squishy green balls of goodness make me happy, so does my friend Spud.


Xx


No comments: