Sunday, May 16, 2010

Long, green and mean to be seen.


I’ve been proved wrong many times, in life and by Jamie in the last 10 months, and tonight I was again happily proved wrong.


Baked & Dressed Courgettes


The picture for this recipe of whole baked zucchini’s was not an attractive one. It’s a row of greeny/brown zucchini’s. I know it doesn’t sound bad, but I’ve showed it to a few people and the reaction has never been one of “wow, they look amazing, can I come over for that recipe”, it’s been more like “wow, that looks pretty bad, bags not coming for that one!” Nice.


So I saved it for a night of dinner for one and rinsed the zucchini’s to make sure they were clean, then dry, rolled them in oil and S&P and put them in the oven for 15 minutes. While still hot, I splashed them with some red wine vinegar and sprinkled with finely chopped mint and parsley.




Served up with lamb and cous cous, I eat my words (and those of all you nay-sayers out there) and say it was delicious. I mean it’s not surprising it was tasty, I love zuch’s, but you’ve seen the photo - they don’t look that bad. I think for once my food photography was superior to Jamie’s. Go me!


Xx


PS – I’ve just pulled some shortbread out of the oven. It forms the basis for Jamie’s gingerbread, which I’ll make tomorrow night. It’s not your typical gingerbread, but it sounds like it’s going to be pretty tasty.



No comments: