Sunday, December 20, 2009

Crispy and burnt.

Today I celebrated an early Christmas with Becko and her family. It was a beautiful Summer’s day and Becko and Dave had prepared a generous feast as per their usual entertaining style. But as per my current habit of insisting that I bring something along – I have a deadline to meet after all – I asked that Becko let me contribute to lunch.


Crispy Fragrant Jumbo Prawns


Becko had put together a big mezze plate, which we munched on under the shade of a sail in the back garden, followed by some oysters. Then it was time for the prawns.


Butterflied green prawns, dipped in seasoned flour, egg wash and the crumb mixture (bread crumbs, finely chopped parsley, grated parmesan and lemon zest) then laid out in a lightly oiled baking tray and into the oven for 15-20 minutes till crispy.


We served them up with some lemon wedges and another glass of wine. They were absolutely sensational – crispy, warm and full of flavour.



It was a perfect day for a long and lazy lunch with friends and family and we made the most of the good food and the good weather – as well as the bucket of sangria! Shame about the sunburn – looks like it’s not just the prawns that were crispy, but now my back as well…


Xx


No comments: