Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Simply Shocking.

Luckily I hadn’t made plans to cook anything fancy tonight, coz I was stuck at work til late and would not have felt like a big session in the kitchen.


Simple Green Salad

Creamy French Dressing


I had some spinach and cheese triangles in the freezer, so as soon as I got home, I threw them in the oven and whipped up the green salad, which was not as simple as just lettuce (I don’t think Jamie does things quite that simple!) but rather rocket, cress, finely sliced fennel and finely sliced asparagus. Tossed with the dressing (white wine vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, S&P, Dijon mustard, crème fraiche and finely chopped parsley), so that it coats the whole salad and as Jamie says “fancy but easy”.



The dressing is the shocking part. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good spinach & cheese triangle, but the dressing made the dinner. The sesame oil/Dijon mustard combo was a winner. Who would have thought one could get so excited by a simple salad for dinner. Though, I might have been a little delirious by the time I actually got home…


Xx


PS – Just need to do a quick shout out to Sarah H, who was also working late and challenged me to go home and cook!


No comments: