Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pink is the colour of my plate.


I love beetroot, both the tinned kind and the fresh kind and I don’t care what anyone says but a hamburger is better when it has beetroot on it. Well tonight’s dinner wasn’t a burger, but it was a beetroot spectacular.


Crunchy Raw Beetroot Salad with Feta & Pear


With a freshly sharpened knife, I attempted to julienne the fresh, peeled, raw beetroot. I know, weird right? Who would have thought you could eat it raw? Tinned, roasted, boiled etc, but raw? I love it when Jamie surprises me. So pink fingers and finely sliced beetroot was what I had, mixed with finely sliced pear (yet again I forgot to peel it – what is with that?), some lemon juice, olive oil, S&P, torn mint leaves and crumbled feta. Tossed together and served with a couple of lamb cutlets, it was absolutely delicious.




It was basically a salad of crunchy pink matchsticks. But what a fun dinner. Like a pile of pink confetti on my plate.


Xx




No comments: