Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Meat & Potatoes – sort of…

Just a quick one tonight – I made the Amazing Potato and Horseradish Salad with Fine Herbs & Bresaola.

You’d be forgiven for asking what in the hell is bresaola? I had to google it myself, just to be sure. It’s air-dried, salted beef. It’s the beef version of prosciutto. Jamie says you can substitute with cold roast beef for this salad, but I wanted to suss the bresaola out so popped down to the deli after work. They have a great cold meats section and sure enough they had the bresaola. It’s hard and dark red, almost purple in colour. It’s very nearly jerky, which I’m not so sure is a good thing…

But… combine it with the horseradish potato salad, crunchy with celery and it’s not a bad combo. It’s very salty, but it works. And I’m taking the leftovers for lunch.

Xx

PS – Who knew tarragon had such a strong anise flavour? Oh, you did?
PPS – I went a little crazy at the deli – so much yummy cheese.

No comments: