Thursday, August 20, 2009

Not quite pretty as a picture.

But tasty for sure.

Jools’ Favourite Saturday Afternoon Pasta

Jamie says it’s an easy weekend meal, so I figured I could whip it up for a quick mid-week one.

Red onion, basil, chilli, cinnamon (who would have thunk?), tuna, tomato, lemon zest and juice and grated parmesan all tossed through al dente rigatoni.


I slightly overcooked the pasta, but other than that, it was simply delish.

Success – quick, easy and yum.

Unfortunately I seem to struggle with my plating up and presentation and the photo of mine doesn’t quite match the one in the book, but it’s the old saying, you can’t judge a book by it’s cover!

Perhaps by the end of my experiment, this can be something I have improved upon. A new skill. Yep, that can be added to the plan.

Xx

PS – All this semi-forced cookbook cooking has made me browse my other cookbooks even more, even though I’m locked in to COOK with Jamie for the remainder of the experiment. I like it though, this new feeling of being able to do all the hard things I’ve always liked the look of when browsing, but have been too chicken to try. Now I’m feeling more and more ready to take on some of the trickier recipes in Jamie, which include ingredients and meals that I’ve stepped away from previously. It’s fun to be planning ahead and I’ve asked friends to look through the book and choose what they want to have served up for them next. Some have even dealt out a three course challenge!

PPS – I’ve borrowed a pasta maker from my friend Tils (she and her beau have two!), so I’m aiming to make pasta this weekend. Eek!

No comments: