Monday, October 19, 2009

Too much my friend. Too much.

I know it’s pasta, so it’s not exactly going to be light, but he called it Summertime, so I at least thought it would be fresh and zingy.


Summertime Tagliarini


But it’s almost 2 hours since I ate dinner and I am still struggling to come to grips with the fact that this is the first recipe in my experiment thus far, that I can honestly say I will NEVER cook again.


It seemed harmless and summery enough – pine nuts, lemon juice and zest, chopped parsley, grated parmesan and olive oil, stirred together and stirred through the cooked pasta.




Simple enough, but it was the richest, most full on pasta I’ve ever eaten. I couldn’t finish it and it’s not very often that I find myself in that position!


I’m kind of glad to find that there’s a recipe in the book that has caused some grief – I wish it wasn’t such uncomfortable grief, but hey? – it makes me appreciate all the good experiences just that little bit more.


Though it hasn’t done anything to change my opinion of the pine nut. It may be small and innocent but it’s no friend of mine.


Xx


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.