Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Better than your average spaghetti.

Last week, I went to the movies with Evans to see Valentine’s Day (terribly disappointing movie) and then afterwards came back to my place for a quick and easy dinner.


Real Quick Mussels Spaghetti in a White Wine & Basil Oil Broth


It was as simple as pounding fresh basil leaves, a couple of anchovy fillets and some salt in a pestle and mortar to make a green paste, then adding lemon juice and olive oil to thin it out to an flavoured oil.


I cooked the spaghetti (and drained it) and cooked the mussels in a covered pot with a glass of white wine.


Then I combined them all together with some fresh chilli and another squeeze of lemon juice.




The flavours were brilliant – the basil with the mussels was a great combo. And the oily broth was light and fresh. I’d actually eat this even without the mussels. It’d be the ultimate simple dinner.


Xx


PS – sorry it’s brief, but I’ve fallen behind with my writing, so I’m trying to catch up and make sure you’re all up to date.


No comments: