Wednesday, February 17, 2010

An untimely season but reason to be jolly.

Christmas in February doesn’t have a catchy ring to it, but I think I could grow to like it.


Fifteen Christmas Salad

Sicilian Dressing


Jamie says he usually serves this salad in December, when clementines are at their sweetest, hence the seasonal name. But when you see the finished product, it actually kind of looks Christmassy, so I figured I could use a bit of cheer mid-week.


I started the layering with ripped up pieces of buffalo mozzarella, then lemon zest and sliced clementines (I was just going to use oranges, but Woollies actually had clementines – result). In a bowl, I dressed some rocket, witlof leaves and fresh mint with the Sicilian dressing then used two slices of prosciutto to wrap bundles of the dressed leaves. They then sat on top, sprinkled with shaved parmesan.



Don’t you think it looks festive and Christmassy? It sure tasted festive! And I was so happy that t looked so like the picture in the book (you’ll just have to trust me on this!) that it felt like I was celebrating something!.


Xx


PS – I have a favour to ask you all. I’d love to see those of you who read my blog, but are not officially signed up as followers, to actually sign up and follow. It’s always a bit sad to answer the oft-asked question of “how many followers do you have?” with “less than 10”. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate all the followers I’ve got, but I think there are more of you reading, and I’d love to know for sure. Thanks!


PPS – feel free to post comments too!!


8 comments:

Gemene said...

Another mouth watering read Lizzo - you are amazing!

P.S. Taking requests? That could be dangerous... what to choose, what to choose... have I already been penciled in for the whole salmon one?

Big love x

Blog with Lizzo said...

Yes, you absolutely are in for the hole salmon! It has a yellow flag that says "Gem" on it already.

xx

Blog with Lizzo said...

Oh dear - I mean whole salmon. I hope it won't have "holes" in it...

Gemene said...

Yuuuum! You rock my world ;)

Becko said...

Check me out - have worked out how to comment!

xx

Blog with Lizzo said...

Yay! Nice work Becko. Keep 'em coming! x

Unknown said...

I have worked it out too!! With a little help from Lizzo.

Lucy said...

Hey Lizzie, just started following today thanks to Gem's note on FB.

Another blog you might like:

http://www.honest-food.net/blog1/

Also my twitter is just gratuitous pics of delicious food i cook and eat. @hungrypillar if you are ever interested.

Keep up your good work i have your whole archive to catch up on - awesome!