Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The last single chick in the book.

Just a quickie dinner for one tonight.


Roasted Chicken Breast with Creamy Butternut Squash & Chilli


This was the last of the roast chicken for one recipes – there have been four – and now that it’s done and after a quick flick through my remaining 40 recipes (yew – only 40 to go!), it’s becoming increasingly harder to find the quick and easy mid-week dinner options. As much as I’ve tried to avoid leaving a glut of tricky ones to the end, perhaps my planning hasn’t been quite as thorough as I thought! There are quite a few slow-cooked dishes (3-4 hours cooking time kinda ones) that I will aim to do on the weekends, but I’m prepping myself for a few late night dinners after work!


So you can understand why I was keen to savour tonight’s easy bake chicken.


In a baking dish I sprinkled the chicken breast with S&P, chopped chilli and oregano. Then I surrounded the chicken, nice and snug, with finely sliced butternut squash. I squeezed some sour cream down between the pumpkin slices, sprinkled nutmeg over the top, then drizzled the whole lot with oil. Into the oven for 35 minutes and dinner is served (with a fennel and asparagus salad).





It was spicy & creamy and really really tasty. Perfect for a rainy Tuesday.


Bring on the marathon dinners!


Xx



No comments: