Monday, November 2, 2009

Cheater eater.

Some of you will have heard me stressing about the “whole fish” chapter – it’s just not really exciting me. It was one of the few untouched chapters so I decided I better make a start.


Granddad Ken’s Crispy Grilled Trout with Parsley & Lemon


Oh the irony.


I went to the fish shop (Don’t worry, not THE fish shop. I’m in no rush to go back there!), and apparently if I want a whole trout, I have to order it. Warning bells ring. At least I know for sure I don’t want the fish alive, so that’s one communication barrier we don’t need to break down.


So my lovely readers, I apologise for this, but I cheated. I couldn’t not cook as part of the experiment tonight and everything on my shopping list was for Granddad Ken’s trout, so I bought a fillet instead. Outrageous.


The whole fish was supposed to be stuffed with lemon slices and chopped parsley, skin scored and rubbed with S&P, oil & (shock horror) lemon zest, so my fillet didn’t quite look the part, but after 10 minutes under the grill, I’d say it tasted just as good.




Apologies for the short cut taken, but you know I set out with good intentions. And let’s be fair, I just couldn’t bear to face another fish shop drama.


Xx


No comments: