Monday, November 9, 2009

Outside My Kitchen #4 – The Victoria Room

I went to a Hen’s Day on Saturday – High Tea at The Victoria Room in Darlinghurst.


I had the standard high tea, but there was the option to upgrade to either the Royal Tea (with a glass of Sparkling Rosé) or the Majestic Tea (with a glass of Piper-Heidsieck). Mind you, the standard package offered a choice of around a dozen teas. I went with the Chai, which blew me away with its aroma. Such an amazing fragrance and creamy tastiness.


The high tea top layer was sandwiches – chicken, goats curd, cucumber (which I avoided) and smoked salmon. All very dainty and delicious.


The next layer was THE layer. The one that excited me the most. It was the “Assorted Sweeties” layer. Sounds good doesn’t it? There was a chocolate cup with choccy mousse & a raspberry in the middle, a teeny tiny lemon & passionfruit tart, a stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouth melting moment and the piece de resistance, a Hummingbird cupcake with bright pink icing!




However, the bottom layer was the scones layer and who can go past a still-warm scone with homemade jam and Chantilly cream. In the end it was quite a tough decision trying to decide what to save til last. But the Hummingbird cupcake won out and I savoured every last bite.


The Victoria Room is a beautiful venue and their dinner menu and cocktail menu are sensational, but I’d recommend the High Tea to anyone, especially if you’re after an afternoon with your best girls. Fun and frivolous and lots of pink icing!


Xx


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Anonymous said...

i seriously enjoy your own writing choice, very interesting.
don't quit and also keep writing because it simply well worth to follow it.
looking forward to look into more of your well written articles, enjoy your day :)