Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kill two birds with one sausage. I mean stone.

Seeing as it’s not everyday that I have a huge blood sausage in my fridge, I figured I may as well finish off the black pudding recipes in the book.

All Day Breakfast Salad

I rinsed a curly endive and chopped it up into bite size chunks, then fried up slices of black pudding, matchsticks of bacon and more chunks of stale bread, until crispy. Fried bits on top of the curly endive, a dressing of oil, vinegar & mustard, with a poached egg on top, yolk oozing and chopped chives sprinkled as the garnish.




Not exactly what I’d eat for breakfast, but a satisfying dinner for sure. It was a wee bit gritty – I rinsed and shook the endive, but the curls really hide the dirt. Still, nothing wrong with a bit of earth in your dinner right?

Xx

No comments: