Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hmmm, sounds fishy.

It was another quickie tonight, after I got home from netball (which I don’t want to talk about – I had a shocker).


Pan-roasted Salmon with Purple Sprouting Broccoli & Anchovy-Rosemary Sauce

Simple Crunchy Side Salad

Lemon Oil Dressing


Who would have thought that the salmon – pan fried on one side then finished off in the oven – would need a sauce with fish in it? But I must trust Jamie (and usually do!), so the sauce was made in the pestle and mortar with rosemary, anchovies, oil, pepper and lemon juice. It didn’t exactly look the part, a sort of browny curdled looking thing…


I’m not exactly sure where one finds purple sprouting broccoli but it’s not at either of my local fruit and vegetable shops, so as funky and cool as it sounds, it was not broccoli of the purple and sprouting kind that was on my plate tonight, just the stock-standard green trees.




And in an effort to stock up on some greenery this week (as opposed to pasta, cream and butter like my last few weeks!), reduce the overstocks in my fridge’s crisper and also get ahead in the recipe count, I thought I’d make the crunchy side salad.


Well, as fishy as it might sound (sorry, I couldn’t help myself!), the meal was actually fantastic and the fish-on-fish worked perfectly. Good one Jamie. And the crunchy side salad? Fresh, crunchy and delicious – just what the doctor ordered. Now if only he could order a win on the netty court…


Xx


No comments: