Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tangy Pavlova and Lovelorn Farmers

I rebelled against Jamie tonight, because I was bit ticked off at him after a weekend of minor ingredient mishaps.


Coconut, Banana and Passionfruit Pavlova


I’m not really a fan of coconut and even though whilst I was searching the fruit and veg section at the supermarket for passionfruit, I noticed the fresh coconuts, it was all too much after a huge weekend in the kitchen to contemplate the not-so-simple task of grating fresh coconut. So rather than that, tonight’s pav had strawberries (soaked in cointreau mind you) scattered on top rather than the coconut shavings. No complaints. Rebellious though. Yikes.




Other than that, the Farmer Finale was a success – we had a delicious BBQ and some salads (not cooked by me, which made them even better in my opinion!) followed by the pav, which with lime zest folded into the whipped cream and the thinly sliced banana, was fluffy, tangy and really good. Though in my haste to use up all my egg-whites, I may have over-catered. Guilty about pavlova for breakfast? Don’t be silly.



I do have to apologise to my friend Dave – he is the world’s biggest pavlova fan and I promised him I would include him in all pavlova sessions during the experiment. So I’m sorry you missed this one Dave, but there are two more pav recipes in the book and I promise you can be a taster for those!


Xx


PS – How cute are Brad and Stacey? Made for each other. They’ll live happily ever after in the green paddocks of Lithgow.


PPS – Bring on the next season of Farmer. Best show on tele.



No comments: