Thursday, September 17, 2009

What will become of the rich & famous?

Yesterday was jam-packed. I ate pavlova for breakfast, we had a record-breaking day at work, I made pastry, I played netball and I made my dad a birthday dessert.


Fifteen Chocolate Tart


I would never have thought I’d eat pavlova for breakfast, but there was so much leftover and not much else on offer in my fridge… Desperate times. Or happy days. I guess it depends who you ask.


At work, we had the release of the highly anticipated new Dan Brown book. It all went smoothly and day one sales were bumper.


Home from work, I made the chocolate pastry (with orange zest – boy does Jamie LOVE citrus zesting!) and put it in the fridge while I headed out to netball. Not a lot of success on the netty court, but a good laugh. By the end of the season, we’ll be firing! Back from netty, rolling out the pastry and would you believe, not a single crack, a perfect tart case. This never happens to me! Pastry is my nemesis. But last night I conquered my pastry demons. I think I might have forgiven Jamie for the weekend mayo disaster too – he’s redeemed himself.


For the filling, you’ll be surprised to hear it was cream, milk, cream, sugar, cream, chocolate, cream and eggs. Into the tart case and into the oven for 20 minutes. It looked pretty impressive when it came out of the oven, it looked even better after resting all day today. The filling was shiny!




I think Dad was pretty happy with his birthday dessert. I served it with some more cointreau strawberries and sprinkling of icing sugar. The texture of the filling was sensational. Rich, chocolatey goodness. No wonder it’s famous at Jamie’s restaurant Fifteen.


Xx


PS – We both know I’m having chocolate tart for breakfast tomorrow. Oh the shame.




No comments: